Monday, March 5, 2007

Postcard Proposal

For my postcard, I chose to connect one of Adrienne Rich's and Edgar Allan Poe's poem. From Adrienne Rich's, I chose "Boundary," and from Edgar Allan Poe, I chose "The Raven." Both of these poems are written in first person. I turned the speaker in "Boundary" into "Lenore" from "The Raven." As the speaker in "The Raven" mourns over his desire for Lenore, she replies how impossible it is for them to be together because there is a boundary between them. There is a bird in both postcards which serves as a messenger that connects the two characters together.

This is a picture of Lenore from Rich's "Boundary." Notice that there is a bird on Lenore's shoulder.

This is a picture of the speaker from Poe's "The Raven." Notice how he kneels to the bird in front of him.

No comments: