Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Written Proposal

The concept for my sound journey is about an everyday life’s situation, which is the event of waking up from a peaceful sleep and then traveling to a chaotic city. I plan to start from a low volume as the character is sleeping and gradually increase the sound as the character wakes up and starts preparing to go to work. The peak of this sound journey would be when the character finally arrives in the city in the midst of the traffic and the crowd, then the sound would fade out.

I have already gotten a few sounds that I would need and this is the list of sounds that would be played in order:

Silence
Alarm clock
yawning
stepping into the shower
shower
drinking coffee
old car engine starting
more cars
honks
people talking and walking hurriedly plus more cars and honks

The reason that I chose this concept is because it is a common situation that many people could relate to, but may have never given much thought about. I enjoy highlighting things that seem normal, turning them into something interesting and fun. I am still open to new ideas that may come along my way, and wouldn’t mind adding or changing the order of events that I planned.

No comments: